Using the Pen Tool
P E N T O O L P R A C T I C E Using the pen tool was both a hard and easy experience. Previously in digital art you can simply draw a line and the line will appear. However when working with vectors it is more mathematical and precise. The first attempt was tracing the design on the left. Following a video you can duplicate shapes, rotate and adjust the lines after they are made. The lines were also super clean in comparison to my shakey and sketchy hand. After that I moved on to drawing Dragonite (work in progress). This was my second attempt because the first attempt was unsuccessful. I was cued into my drawing habits of like I was inking or drawing line art. I wasn't paying attention to how the shapes fit together or how they fill. You can't use a paint bucket, but you can utilize layering and arrangement to create the colored shapes that you want. This picture above has 4 layers including the photo layer and it took some learning to figure ou...








Comments
Post a Comment